So you are hungry and you have that left-over stew from last week in the fridge, don’t stress much. Here is a quick way to make Jollof Rice with that stew. You would need:
- Diced Carrots (optional)
- Green Peas (optional)
- Salt/Seasoning Cubes
- Warm up the stew in a pot.
- Add drained par-boiled rice, salt/seasoning cubes and pepper to taste.
- Add water to the same level of the rice.
- Cover the pot and leave to cook on low to medium heat.
- Add diced carrots and green peas just before the water dries up, stir gently and cover to cook through.
- Serve with fried plantain. (optional)