Hi foodmily, last week we had two days off work, thanks to the Eid Mubarak celebration. So you know we had to cook something special to celebrate the holiday. As usual Chief Chef @fresh2cute took over the kitchen with her Sous
So guys, since I saw this picture of Pasta Meatballs on Foodace Instagram Page, I have had it u running through my mind like all day, all week, all month… So I decided to give it a try… Hence the video of me making it below…
It’s that time of the year again, its Christmas the time of gifts and merry. It’s also time for the 2nd Annual Food and Fun Fair Day to be held on the 5th of Dec 2015 at River Plate Park, Opp Abia House, off Ahmadu Bello Way, Wuse 2, Abuja from 12-6pm.
This spectacular event is brought to you by Jackplays Events – a company that specializes in planning events for corporate bodies and professionals – This time around they are collaborating with TasteNsnap.com a food blog based in Abuja to bring to you a memorable event.
Always searching for something different to make for Sunday Lunch, I came across this recipe on the Tesco Real Food site and I decided to recreate it. I think i did a good job, the ingredients are easy to find and it was quick to make.
Here are the ingredients and instructions below :
- 400g (13oz) dried pasta
- 1 x tin corned beef
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 x tin tomatoes
- 1 x tin sweetcorn
- 1tbsp brown sauce
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Cut the corned beef into chunks.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and add the corned beef to the pan.
- Add the onion and continue to fry on a medium heat.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and then the sweetcorn and leave to simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sauce.
- Drain the pasta and serve it topped with the corned beef mixture.
- Bon Appétit
So I asked followers of @tastensnap on Instagram their suggestions on what I should cook for Sunday Lunch. There were a couple of good suggestions but I went for Shepherd’s Pie, simply because I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could make it as good as Tulip Bistro Restaurant and Grill. Theirs is hmm hmm hmm good!
Here is how to make Special Fried Rice.
Here is how to make Shredded Beef and Chicken Sauce